Friday, September 30, 2011

Review: "The Blair Witch Project" (1999)- writen September 30, 2011

Over the years as a horror film fan and not, I have always heard of this 'Classic'. It is a movie so well known that hearing about it is eventually going to happen. I've only heard great things about this movie, and now I finally got to see it. I didn't like it, I felt like it wasted time. There is little excitement and when there is it soon followed by a legnthly day scene, afterwards a creepy(ish)night scene that is very short. This sequence is repeated several times and does not make it fun to watch. The day scenes are usually fights and more fights between the three main characters. It simply drags on too long with little moments of intrigue in between. Then there is the ending. An ending that ends in confusion. I don't know what happened, I don't know what will happen. It ends with you wondering why you watched the film up 'til this point. There is nothing. Complete dissatisfaction, not a movie for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment