Monday, September 26, 2011

Review: "Dog Soldiers" (2002)- written September 26, 2011

Now, I can say that for the first half hour or so that I didn't think much of the movie. I was set up for disappointment. However, I ended up quite liking the movie. I admit, I do like it better than I will review it. The story was actually pretty decent, more so after the first bit. You can probably guess what's coming, as always in these kind of movies. It does have some humor in it, including a great joke in a time not really for laughter. The gore was surprisingly..visceral and strong in some places. You do see an animal that most people like get killed early on but you don't need to worry when you see the second one. Swearing is abundant, a lot of it Scottish/English terms. "Dog Soldiers" is a pretty good 'bad movie', but in my mind it's a great 'bad movie'.

No comments:

Post a Comment