Saturday, October 2, 2010

Review: "Hard Candy"(2005)-written August 1-3, 2010

WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!! I DO NOT KNOW IF I CAN EVER RESPECT ELLEN PAGE, YEAH I KNOW I LIKED INCEPTION, BUT THIS WAS AWFUL BEYOND ANY DEGREE I HAVE EVER SEEN. I'LL EVEN BLAME EVERYONE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING THAT MOVIE. I HATE HER CHARACTER IN THIS, JUST FLAWLESS AND PERFECT. MAYBE IT TAKES INSANE IN A DIRECTION MOST PEOPLE LIKE AND THAT'S WHY I HATE IT. WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF IT? Other than being a stuck up know-it-all, Ellen Page's character was also something much worse. Now I think a lot of us could agree that a movie with scenes of child abuse would be quite disturbing, the movie was 'like' that except, it's the child that's doing the abuse. A young Ellen Page spends over half the movie taunting and insulting a grown man who she drugs, bounds, strips, and performs a surgical
operation on?She even tries to force him to kill himself.Her character is MERCILESS, but I did say she was the hero didn't I?Well that's because she's getting revenge, in a way ...that society can't. The reason for punishment, and the black heart of vengeance was conflicting. So how do I wrap this up? I would strongly suggest NOT watching this film, the same way you would want to warn your past self from watching something you REGRET seeing. There was nothing to like about it, everything that happened made it worse. I hated it, I HATE hard candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment