Thursday, October 7, 2010

Review: "A Nightmare On Elm Street"(2010)-written October 7, 2010

Before I saw the movie, the only reviews I heard were bad ones(not implying that I am now hearing good ones). The movie starts off with an uninteresting and partially stupid half hour or so but then it did capture some attention hinting at Freddy's origins. As the story progresses you may or may not believe part of the story which could lead to a surprise. The movie isn't really gore or violent focused as there are only 4 deaths, none of which are extremely brutal(maybe). The story was satisfying and I found few faults. I don't know much about the original Freddy but this one is definitely evil and you might have positive and or negative feelings about him. This was definitely not a bad film, just have to be in the mood for a Freddy movie. It is worth seeing, at least in my opinion. One more thing, the ending has nothing really to do with the movie- it's just there for fun.


Aside:I generally have an emotional connection with or to the movies I watch, so that is why I may give something a good review.(because of the emotional content). Also, I will soon be reviewing one of my favourite horror movies-"Halloween II"(2009). Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment